The 2022 school year ended very well for our Year 12 students who achieved our best results yet! Our students not only have fantastic results, but they also leave us as accomplished adults who care about others and are ready to make a huge contribution to the future of Western Australia.
The Class of 2022 have achieved:
• 99.95 ATAR – 7 Students: Fiara Augustin, Hoaquin Cui, Jessica Doan, Raghav Ganapathy, Shen-Kit Hia, Gabriel Raharjo and Joshua Soon
• General Exhibition Award – 17 Students
• Subject Exhibition Award – 5 Subjects: Chemistry: Jessica Doan, Japanese: Second Language: Neo Ung, Literature: Fiara Augustin, Mathematics Methods: Haoqian Cui, Modern History: Fiara Augustin
• 99+ ATAR – 77 Students
• Subject Certificate of Excellence – 38 Students
• Certificate Distinction – 116 Students
On top of the fantastic year group results, Perth Modern School student Jessica Doan was announced as the Beazley WACE Medal winner for 2022 at a ceremony at Government House hosted by the Honourable Chris Dawson APM, Governor of Western Australia.
The Beazley Medal is the highest profile and most prestigious academic award for secondary students awarded to the top WACE student for the highest examination marks across five ATAR courses in Year 12.
Jessica has also won a General Exhibition, Subject Exhibition and Subject Certificate of Excellence: Chemistry, Subject Certificate of Excellence: Mathematics Methods, Subject Certificate of Excellence: Mathematics Specialist and a Certificate of Distinction.
Jessica was our Year 12 Dux and was also presented with awards at the Presentation Ceremony for the top student in Mathematics Methods and Chemistry. She received the Engineers Australia Certificate for Excellence in Science and Mathematics as well as the Sphinx Society Six Semesters Award, a Gold House Award and the Perth Modern School Award for Academic Excellence.
Jessica is the seventh Perth Modern student since 2010 to receive the Beazley Medal.
The full list of WACE Award winners will be published in the January newsletter.
Congratulations to all Year 12 students.